How to Apply
Before you apply for fellowship training in gastroenterology at the University of Kentucky, please review the following requirements.
All gastroenterology fellowship trainees at the University of Kentucky must have a full Kentucky medical license. Accordingly, applications will only be considered from those individuals who meet licensing requirements:
- You must have graduated from an approved medical school. All medical schools in the United States and Canada approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) meet this requirement. Other medical school education is evaluated by the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure on an individual basis.
- United States and Canadian medical school graduates must complete at least one year of postgraduate training approved by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or the National Joint committee (NJC). Graduates of non-U.S./Canadian medical schools must complete three years of ACGME- or NJC-approved postgraduate training that includes 12 months of clinical training.
- You must have received a passing score on the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) or Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensing Examination (COMLEX) exam or hold a full license in another state or Canadian province as a result of passing a licensing exam.
- Foreign medical graduates must possess permanent Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification or proof of certification by an approved U.S. specialty board.
- We offer only J-1 visas to selected applicants.
Full licensure requirements can be obtained from the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure
Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure
310 Whittington Parkway
Louisville, KY 40222
Click here for more information.