7 Positions Available, 3 Years of Training
There are 7 1st-year general cardiovascular fellowship positions available annually.
Each fellowship is 3 years of clinical cardiology training in an active academic medical center.
The University of Kentucky General Cardiovascular Medicine Fellowship Program involves three years of clinical cardiology training in an active academic medical center and its affiliated Veterans Administration Hospital. The program is geared towards assuring an exceptional educational experience that fully encompasses all aspects of the core competencies through:
- A thorough understanding of the extensive cardiology knowledge base
- Exposure to state-of-the-art patient care
- Professionalism in all aspects of patient care, education and research
- Development of outstanding communication skills with patients, their families and other healthcare professionals
- Working within a multifaceted health care system to optimize patient care
- And most importantly, how to continue the self-learning process well beyond the completion of fellowship training