How to Apply
Please submit all required documents into one combined PDF file for submission to our ACGME Transplant Hepatology Fellowship Program Coordinator Maria Richie email@example.com.
Required application documents:
- General Information—Universal Application Form
- USMLE/COMLEX Scores
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Visas (if necessary). We currently sponsor J1-visas. We do not sponsor H1B visa.
- Current GI fellowship program
- Prior to appointment in an ACGME-accredited transplant hepatology fellowship, fellows should have completed a three-year ACGME-accredited gastroenterology fellowship
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Applicants to ACGME-accredited transplant hepatology fellowships must have a letter of recommendation from their gastroenterology fellowship program director
All ACGME-accredited transplant hepatology fellowship trainees at the University of Kentucky must have a full Kentucky medical license. Accordingly, applications will only be considered from those individuals who meet licensing requirements. Before you apply for fellowship training in hepatology at the University of Kentucky, please review the following requirements:
- You must have graduated from an approved medical school. All medical schools in the US and Canada approved by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) or the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) meet this requirement. Other medical school education is evaluated by the Kentucky BoLiceard of Medical Licensure on an individual basis.
- U.S. and Canadian medical school graduates must have completed three years of postgraduate training approved by the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) or the National Joint committee (NJC) in Internal Medicine. Graduates of non-US / Canadian medical schools must complete three years of ACGME- or NJC-approved postgraduate training that includes 12 months of clinical training in internal medicine.
- You must have received a passing score on the USMLE exam or hold a full license in another state or Canadian province as a result of passing a licensing exam.
- Foreign medical graduates must possess permanent ECFMG certification or proof of certification by an approved US specialty board. A copy of the full licensure requirements can be obtained from the Kentucky Board of Medical Licensure, or visit http://kbml.ky.gov/.
- Applicants must possess a valid permanent resident visa, US citizenship or J1-visa. We do not sponsor H1B visa
- Applicants without ACGME residency training will not be considered.