UK Salvation Army Clinic
Serving Lexington’s uninsured population since 1986
The UK College of Medicine Salvation Army Clinic (SAC) is a student-run clinic that provides free medical services to residents of the Lexington Salvation Army women and children’s shelter and homeless persons in the Lexington area. SAC is one of the oldest continuously operational student-run free clinics in the United States. All clinic staff (students from the Colleges of Medicine, Pharmacy, and Social Work) and physicians are volunteers. The mission of SAC is to provide a leadership role in improving the health and well-being of the uninsured adult population in Lexington by providing free medical services and increasing awareness of local health care resources.
Services Offered at the Clinic
- Urgent care visits are seen on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Pharmacy services are provided for many common illnesses
- Monthly subspecialty clinics are available (pediatrics, ophthalmology, dermatology, nutrition)
- Free group tobacco cessation classes are offered weekly
- A women’s health educational program is offered monthly
Hours: Tuesday and Thursdays 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Patients seen on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please sign in at the front desk of the W. Arnold Hanger Lodge beginning at 4:30 p.m.
Location: 736 West Main Street, Lexington, KY 40508
Phone: (859) 488-1223
Fax: (859) 243-0206