To be eligible for federal financial assistance, a student must be ONE of the following:

–        U.S. Citizen,
–        National,
–        Permanent Resident who holds an I-151, I1551, or I1551C Alien Registration Receipt Card, or
–        Eligible non-citizen who has an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service showing one of the following designations – refugee, asylum granted, indefinite parole or humanitarian parole, Cuban-Haitian entrant, Status Pending, or conditional entrant (valid only if issued before April 1, 1980).

NOT Eligible

Students are not eligible for federal financial assistance if they have a Notice of Approval to Apply for Permanent Residence (I-171 or I-464); are in the United States on an F1 only; or have G series visas (pertaining to international organizations).