Early Assurance Program
Early Assurance Program to the UK College of Medicine-Northern Kentucky Campus
The Early Assurance Program is designed to provide students from partner colleges and universities with the opportunity to complete their college and medical school education in the region, and to encourage them to establish practice in this area of the state.
Students will apply to the Early Assurance Program during the spring semester of their sophomore year. Accepted students will receive assured admission to the University of Kentucky College of Medicine-Northern Kentucky Campus upon successful completion of the program requirements and graduation from their university or college.
If you are considering applying to the Early Assurance Program, it is critical that you check with the pre-medical advisor at your institution as early as possible to ensure that you are taking the required coursework and that you meet the GPA requirement.
Partner institutions include:
Eastern Kentucky University
Northern Kentucky University
Thomas More University
University of the Cumberlands
Application Opens: Nov. 1, 2022
Deadline: Feb. 1, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Instructions for EAP Application
Eligibility Criteria for EAP Application
- Currently enrolled at one of the UK College of Medicine EAP partner universities and expected completion of four full-time semesters by the end of the spring semester.
- Anticipated college graduation within 3-4 additional full-time semesters.
- Five full-semester science courses, including but not limited to the disciplines of biology, chemistry, physics, and/or mathematics and not including associated laboratory courses.
- Two semesters of humanities coursework, emphasizing written or spoken communication skills.
- Cumulative college overall or total GPA of at least 3.6.
- Cumulative college science (biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics) or total GPA of at least 3.6.
- Commitment to participate in all Early Assurance Program Activities.
How to Apply
- Click EAP Application to initiate your application.
Please note: This application is designed to be completed in one sitting. To avoid the application form expiration due to an extended period of time, it is recommended to download the EAP Sample Application Form, draft the essays, and copy and paste your answers to the application form.
- As part of your application, you will be required to upload a PDF copy of your unofficial transcript. This can usually be downloaded from your institution’s student-hub webpage. You can also contact your campus Registrar to get a copy.
- Two faculty letters of recommendation. One must be a science-department faculty member who has taught you; the other must be a science or non-science faculty member who has taught you and can speak to your academic, professional, and personal attributes. Upon application submission, your references will receive an email with a specific link to upload their letters.
Please click the hyperlink of your institution under the “Partner Institutions” section for information on the EAP program expectations and requirements. If your institution does not have an EAP webpage yet, please reach out to the contact person listed above.
UK College of Medicine Application and Acceptance
Please check UK College of Medicine application and acceptance page for information on the College's Medical School Early Assurance application criteria and timeline.