Early Assurance Program Application Process
Early Assurance Program (EAP) Criteria for Medical School
Students applying Early Assurance to the UK College of Medicine must meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of the Early Assurance Program
- Completion of all prerequisites for the UK College of Medicine
- Cumulative total GPA of 3.50 or higher
- Science (BCPM) GPA of 3.50 or higher
- Successful completion of the MCAT with a total score of at least 504 with all subscores of at least 124
Please note: Any student not meeting program requirements may still apply to UK College of Medicine but must do so by applying “Early Decision” or “Regular MD” designation depending upon the applicant’s preference.
Students must adhere to the following timetable for provisional acceptance to the UK College of Medicine:
- Spring Semester Junior Year: Take the Medical School Admission Test (MCAT)
- Early June: Applicants must apply through American Medical School Application Service (AMCAS) using the designation “Early Assurance.” The application should be submitted within seven calendar days of the first day that AMCAS allows application submission. Applications submitted later than this time frame may not be verified and meet the application deadline of August 1.
- August 1: Applicants can submit AMCAS applications while waiting for their MCAT scores to be released. However, applicants’ MCAT scores must be released prior to August 1 to meet the application deadline.
- August 15: Complete the UK College of Medicine supplemental application to the designated UK College of Medicine campus, including the supplemental application form, application fee, and all required evaluation letters received.
- Late August or September: Interview with the UK College of Medicine.
- The Admissions Committee will conditionally accept applicants who demonstrate the personal attributes necessary to become a competent physician determined by a holistic review of the application and applicants’ interview performance.
- October 1: Last day the UK College of Medicine notifies EAP applicants of an admission decision.