Early Assurance Program
Early Assurance Program to the UK College of Medicine - Bowling Green Campus
The University of Kentucky College of Medicine – Bowling Green Campus has developed Early Assurance Programs with multiple partner institutions. These Early Assurance Programs are for academically excellent students who demonstrate the qualities of a competent and caring physician and have an interest in ultimately studying and practicing in the south central/western region of Kentucky. The Early Assurance Program is offered to students during their sophomore year. Accepted students will receive assured admission to the University of Kentucky College of Medicine – Bowling Green Campus upon successful completion of the program requirements and graduation from their university.
If you are considering applying to the Early Assurance Program, it is critical that you check with the pre-medical advisor at your institution as early as possible to ensure that you are taking the required coursework and that you meet the GPA and other requirements.
Application Opens: Nov. 1, 2023
Deadline: Feb. 1, 2024 at 11:59 p.m. CT
Instructions for EAP Application
Eligibility Criteria for EAP Application
- Currently enrolled at one of the UK College of Medicine EAP partner universities.
- Current Sophomore standing and anticipated college graduation within 3-4 additional full-time semesters.
- Five full-semester science courses, including but not limited to the disciplines of biology, chemistry, physics and/or mathematics and not including associated laboratory courses.
- Two semesters of humanities coursework, emphasizing written or spoken communication skills.
- Cumulative college GPA of at least 3.6.
- College science (biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics) GPA of at least 3.6.
- Commitment to participate in all Early Assurance Program Activities.
How to Apply
- Click EAP Application to initiate your application.
- As part of your application, you will be required to upload a PDF copy of your unofficial transcript. This can usually be downloaded from your institution’s student-hub webpage. You can also contact your campus Registrar to get a copy. If you have attended more than one higher education institution (Transfer credit, dual enrollment, dual credit, summer classes at another school) you will need to upload the transcript from each specific institution as well.
- Two faculty letters of recommendation. One must be a science-department faculty member who has taught you; the other must be a science or non-science faculty member who has taught you and can speak to your academic, professional, and personal attributes. Upon application submission, your references will receive an email with a specific link to upload their letters.
- If you would like, you are welcome to download the EAP Sample Application Form to view the application questions prior to completing the application.
Please click the hyperlink of your institution under the “Partner Institutions” section for information on the EAP program expectations and requirements. If your institution does not have an EAP webpage yet, please reach out to the contact person listed above.
UK College of Medicine Application and Acceptance
Please check UK College of Medicine application and acceptance page for information on the College's Medical School Early Assurance application criteria and timeline.