Welcome to the Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery
The division of cardiothoracic (CT) surgery is composed of highly-skilled surgeons and support staff who are dedicated and engaged in providing exceptional patient care, advanced surgical training to our residents and fellows, and measuring our performance against our own hospital standards. We offer specific clinical programs and expertise in all areas of cardiac and thoracic surgery using state-of-the-art operating and hybrid suites, robotics, and minimally-invasive techniques.
CT surgery provides expert care and training in:
- Major aortic surgery
- Coronary bypass
- Valve repair and replacement
- Beating heart cardiac operations
- Arrhythmia surgery (the MAZE operation)
- Cardiac assist devices
- Ventricular restorative procedures
- Heart transplantation.
Thoracic surgery offers specialized training and treatment in benign and malignant diseases of the chest. This includes:
- Lung and esophageal cancers
- Robotic Surgery for mediastinal tumors
- Video-assisted thoracic surgery (VATS); e.g., VATS lobectomy, minimally invasive esophageal resection
Our distinguished surgical faculty mentor medical students, residents, and fellows in the latest advances in CT surgery. Many of our faculty are recognized globally and have research support from the NIH.
They also collaborate with colleagues in UK Healthcare multi-disciplinary centers and institutes.