Fourth-Year Acting Internships
Fourth-year acting internships are designed to provide students with an advanced level of direct patient care responsibility in a variety of clinical settings. The fourth-year curriculum is designed to provide opportunities for students to:
- Broaden their perspective of medical practice through experiences in a variety of clinical settings.
- Explore special interests and build on demonstrated strengths.
- Expand their appreciation and understanding of the scientific bases of clinical medicine.
- Eliminate any deficiencies or weaknesses in their general professional preparation.
- Achieve a smooth continuity between medical school and post‑graduate learning.
With these goals in mind, fourth-year courses are to be selected by students in close collaboration with the advanced development director or another faculty mentor. Each student's program should be individually tailored to their demonstrated abilities, possible deficiencies, and personal goals.
Current Course Offerings
- AI in pediatric surgery
- AI in plastic surgery
- AI in surgical oncology
- AI in colorectal surgery
- AI in cardiothoracic surgery
- AI in transplant surgery
- AI in vascular surgery
- AI in emergency general surgery ICU
- AI in Good Samaritan general surgery (Not Available to Visiting Students)
- Kentucky off-site elective (Not Available to Visiting Students)
Visiting students are encouraged to apply for acting internship spots through VSLO. If you have trouble submitting your application or wish to inquire about future opportunities, please feel free to e-mail email@example.com.