Welcome to the Division of Health Care Outcomes and Optimal Patient Services (HOOPS)
What We Do
HOOPS is a one-stop shop for surgical outcomes data across the UK HealthCare Enterprise and the nation. We do retrospective research on health care outcomes data in support of surgical quality improvement and education.
Surgical Outcomes Data
- Manage data collection and internal/external reporting of risk-adjusted surgical outcomes for the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP, adults and children), and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons Cardiac and General Thoracic databases.
- Provide methodological and data design consultation to students, residents and faculty wishing to do retrospective or series studies of surgical problems.
- Act as a liaison to other sources of surgical outcomes data and data registries at UK Healthcare and nationally (See Data Resources below.)
Local and National Benchmarking
- Provide local historic and national benchmark surgical outcomes for educational, innovation, and quality improvement purposes. Provide local counts of patients and procedures for grant writing and clinical trial proposals.
- UK HealthCare Surgical Outcomes Data Registry
- American College of Surgeons (ACS) - National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (NSQIP) - Adult and Pediatric
- ACS - Metabolic Bariatric Surgical Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP)
- National Trauma Data Bank
- ACS - Trauma Quality Improvement Program (TQIP) - Adult and Pediatric
- ACS - National Cancer Database (NCDB)
- Kentucky Cancer Registry
- United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS)
- Vascular Quality Initiative (VQI)
- Collaborative Endocrine Surgery Quality Improvement Program (CESQIP)
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons Cardiac and General Thoracic Databases
- Extracorporeal Life Support Organization (ELSO) - Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation Registry (ECMO)
- National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) Infection Tracking System
- Vizient Clinical Database
- EPIC SlicerDicer
- Data Warehouse and Financial Data
- and more...Please contact us for additional databases.