Welcome to the Division of Healthcare Outcomes and Optimal Patient Services (HOOPS)
Our mission is to transform healthcare data into information that:
- Deepens knowledge of surgical diseases and outcomes;
- Improves decision-making regarding the structure, technology, providers, and processes of surgical care; and
- Provides feedback on the results of surgical innovation and improvement processes.
Our Vision: Optimal Surgical Outcomes
We value data-driven decision-making, learning and improvement, transparency, and responsiveness in addition to our common core values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion and teamwork.
What we do:
- Manage data collection and internal/external reporting of risk-adjusted surgical outcomes for the American College of Surgeons National Surgical Quality Improvement Program (ACS NSQIP, adults and children), and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons Cardiac and General Thoracic databases.
- Act as a liaison to other sources of surgical outcomes data and data registries at UK Healthcare and nationally (Data warehouse, Financial Data, National Trauma Data Bank, Ky Cancer Registry, UNOS, VQI, CESQIP.)
- Provide methodological and data design consultation to students, residents and faculty wishing to do retrospective or series studies of surgical problems.
- Provide local historic and national benchmark surgical outcomes for educational, innovation, and quality improvement purposes. Provide local counts of patients and procedures for grant writing and clinical trial proposals.
- Use all of the above to disseminate new knowledge, improve decision making, and drive innovation towards optimal surgical patient care.
Daniel Davenport, PhD
Professor and Chief
MN 274, William R. Willard Bldg.
Devauna D. Adkins
NSQIP Surgical Clinical Reviewer Senior
MN 278 William R. Willard Bldg.