Acquiring Parking Permit
A Benefit of Being a UK Resident/Fellow
- The expense of the Employee Intermediate Permit is 100% covered.
- A bi-weekly allowance is added to your paycheck to function as us covering the cost of the permit.
Obtaining Your Permit
- Permits can be purchased on-site at 721 Press Ave via the Transportation Services Office or over the phone at 859-257-5757.
- You can also purchase online and have permit mailed to you. Learn more.
- Please Note- It is recommended that you ask for payroll deduction. Your applied parking allowance matches that of this payment method.
Renewing Parking Permit
Continuing Lexington Campus Learners
- Parking permits expire June 30th. Around this time UK Transportation will send out an email regarding renewing your UK parking permit.
- You can renew your permit online. Log in to your customer account.
GME Parking Allowance Review
- GME will issue a monthly parking allowance of $42 to your paychecks.
- This amount covers the expense of the Intermediate “E” parking permit.
- If you do not want to pay any expense out of your pocket, please select payroll deduction as your payment method.
- If you chose to pay for your permit in full, please note, you will not be reimbursed in full at the time of purchase. Instead, you will receive the additional $42 monthly parking allowance on your paychecks for the year.
GME is no longer offering a cab/taxi reimbursement system. It has been replaced with Uber Business Transportation Services. The sole purpose of this program is to ensure residents and fellows have a safe transportation option if they are too fatigued to return home safely.
• This service is not to be used recreationally or to avoid UK Parking frustrations. This service is meant to be used when Residents/Fellows are too fatigued and don't feel it is safe to operate a vehicle.
• This service is only to be used from UK Chandler Hospital and UK Good Samaritan Hospital. UK GME Uber Service does not apply to affiliate hospitals.
• UK GME Uber Service is provided free of charge to University of Kentucky Residents/Fellows. However, this service will be closely monitored to ensure overuse/abuse doesn’t occur.
• If UK GME Uber Service is misused, repayment will be required.
To be enrolled, you must sign-up for UK GME Uber Business Account. This enrollment is required to utilize UK GME Uber Services. There is no charge associated with this enrollment. For questions, please contact GME at GMEAdmin@uky.edu.
If you choose to ride a bike on campus, you’re making a decision that will save you money, improve your health, lessen UK’s carbon footprint, and reduce traffic and parking congestion.
Transportation Services supports cyclists through a variety of programs and infrastructure that have earned national recognition. The League of American Bicyclists first rated the University of Kentucky a Bicycle Friendly University (BFU) in 2012 and elevated the BFU status to Gold in 2018. Bicycling Magazine also named UK the most bike-friendly college in America in 2018.
What makes cycling on campus so great? It's a combination of amenities: a bike shop run by students, free bicycle rentals, conveniently located fix-it stations and high-quality bicycle parking, citywide bike and e-scooter share, on-street and off-street facilities, fun bicycle events and monetary incentives and other benefits for not purchase a parking permit!
Bike Voucher Program
Campus Buses and Shuttles
Thousands of people visit the University of Kentucky campus each day. Transportation Services helps them get around once they're here by providing on-campus and off-campus bus service for UK students, employees and visitors. UK's on-campus routes (the Blue, White, Yellow, Green and Orange routes) operate on a continuous loop, providing riders with reliable and timely transportation. The Orange Lot Shuttle will take you from the Orange Lot, where the majority of healthcare workers park, to HSRB and Chandler Pavilion A.
Transportation Services also offers several special shuttles throughout the year, including free transportation to and from the Blue Grass (LEX), Louisville (SDF) and Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati (CVG) airports for the Thanksgiving, winter and spring breaks.
Free City Transit
A partnership between Lextran and UK allows UK students, faculty and staff to ride any Lextran route free of charge, simply by showing their valid Wildcard ID.
This free citywide transit program is funded by UK Transportation Services as a proactive effort to decrease single occupancy vehicle use, give members of the UK community more choices in transportation options and to ultimately reduce campus parking demand.
On-Demand Night Schedule
Transportation Services operates an on-demand night bus service during the fall and spring semesters when class is in session.
Available times are:
Monday - Friday | Midnight - 5 a.m.
Call 859-257-RIDE (7433) to make a pick-up request.
Calls must be received at least 30 minutes prior to the end of on-demand service. Service is limited to the UK Campus.