Anesthesiology Resident Selection
We participate in the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) as well as the Electronic Residency Application Service. All applicants applying for PGY-1 positions must apply through ERAS and participate in the NRMP. For applicants participating in the Match, we will submit our rank order list according to the deadlines established by the NRMP.
Beginning in early November, invitations for interviews will be extended to selected candidates. Interview sessions will begin in November and conclude in January. During the interview, you will meet our chair, members of the selection committee, other faculty, and several residents.
The night before your interview, candidates are invited to participate in a virtual meet-and-greet with our residents. This is the perfect opportunity to ask questions and hear more about our program before your interview.
We require the following application materials:
- One-page personal statement, including the following:
- Future career goals
- Why you want to join UK
- Current CV (ERAS CV is sufficient.)
- Dean's letter of educational performance
- Medical school transcripts
- Three current letters of recommendation
- USMLE or COMLEX results
- For applicants currently in a residency training program, a letter of recommendation from your current program director is required.
For international medical graduates, we also require:
- Copy of valid ECFMG certificate
- Documentation of valid visa status (We do not sponsor H1 visas.)
Salary and Benefits