Application to the UK Graduate School as a non-degree certification student is required.
To apply, follow this link: https://app.applyyourself.com/AYApplicantLogin/fl_ApplicantConnectLogin.asp?id=ukgrad
On the above admissions page on the University of Kentucky Graduate School website, select “Apply Online”. Create your account, log in to the system, and enter necessary demographic information. Under Plan of Study, select Graduate Certificate as the admission category, select General Radiological Medical Physics as the program, and select the desired fall semester for the intended start date. Be sure to upload all required materials before submitting your application.
In order to apply to the graduate certificate in general radiological medical physics, the following items are required to be submitted with your application:
- All undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Contact Information for two (2) individuals willing to provide a letter of recommendation
- Personal Statement
Unofficial, self-reported versions of transcripts are acceptable for the initial application. Official transcripts may be required by the certificate director at a later date.
- Applicants must have previously earned a PhD graduate degree in physics, engineering, or another closely related scientific program from an accredited US academic institution. A minimum 3.0 GPA on all graduate work is required.
- PhDs from non-Physics backgrounds must satisfy the CAMPEP requirements for an undergraduate minor in Physics. This includes the calculus-based introductory general physics sequence and three upper-division (junior or senior level) topical physics courses that would be taken by a physics major. Examples of upper-division courses include Modern Physics or Electricity and Magnetism.
- Applicants must meet the requirements of the University of Kentucky Graduate School to enroll as a non-degree certification student. These requirements are the same as those for post-baccalaureate graduate students. More information on the requirements for post-baccalaureate graduate students can be found at https://gradschool.uky.edu/post-baccalaureate.
- Applicants must satisfy one of the following conditions: a) Have successfully completed ANA 209 Human Anatomy (3), PGY 206 Human Physiology (3), and RAS/RM/PHY 472G Interactions of Radiation with Matter (3) or their equivalents; or b) Take these courses concurrently with the general radiological medical physics graduate certificate. Fulfillment of this requirement is as determined and/or approved by the certificate director.