Kenneth S. Campbell, PhD
- Professor of Cardiovascular Medicine
- Professor of Physiology (Joint appointment)
- Director, Biospecimens Core, Kentucky Center for Clinical and Translational Science
- Director, Gill Cardiovascular Biorepository
- Director, COVID-19 Research Registry and Specimen Bank
- Director of Translational Research, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine
- MD/PhD Program Internal Advisory Committee
- CVRC - Affiliated Faculty
- CardioVascular Imaging Research Team
Biography and Education
BA (Hons) Physics, University of Oxford, United Kingdom, 1990-1993 PhD, Muscle Physiology, University of Birmingham, United Kingdom, 1993-1998 Postdoc, Muscle Physiology, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA, 1998-2003
Our mission is to help patients who have heart failure by bridging the scientific gaps between molecular, cellular and organ-level function.
We use biophysical, biochemical, and computational techniques and we collaborate extensively with cardiothoracic surgeons and cardiologists. Many of our experiments use tissue samples isolated from patients undergoing heart transplants and other cardiac surgeries.
For more information, see http://www.campbellmusclelab.org