Applying to the IBS Program
Application is available online for the following fall semester.
All applications are due. The IBS admissions committee will begin reviewing materials by December, and earlier applications will be given priority.
February – March
On-campus interviews for selected candidates.
Deadline for candidates to accept offers to the graduate programs.
*Applications received after this date may still be considered on a case to case basis depending on availability of positions.
The Integrated Biomedical Sciences (IBS) program follows a rolling admissions process; therefore, the earlier your application is complete the more likely you will be selected for an interview leading to admission.
All applications must follow the requirements of the University of Kentucky Graduate School and must be submitted directly to the Graduate School. The online application form for the Graduate School may be accessed here. When applying via the Graduate School Online Application, make sure to select Integrated Biomedical Sciences from the drop-down menu. Please note that the IBS program no longer requires GRE exam scores for admission. Required documents in addition to the application include:
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. You will be asked to provide the names and contact information of three faculty members who are familiar with your undergraduate and graduate coursework, research, etc.
- A personal statement indicating research interest and goals for doctoral study and beyond.
- A CV indicating any academic honors, publications, research experience, and relevant work experience (if applicable).
For International Students
For international applicants:
- a minimum score of 79 on the internet-based TOEFL (maximum 120) or
- a minimum overall score of 9 on the TOEFL Essentials or
- a minimum mean band score of 6.5 on IELTS
- all applicants must demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written English.
The IBS program holds informational sessions by appointment on-campus or over the phone. If you are interested in speaking with someone to learn more about IBS, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.