Robert J McDonald, DO
Director of Surgical Pathology
- Kim Absher, MD
- Kristi Adams, MD
- Derek Allison, MD
- S. Emily Bachert, MD
- Thèrése Bocklage, MD
- Virgilius Cornea, MD
- Julie Dueber, MD
- Melissa Kesler, MD
- Eun Lee, MD
- Robert McDonald, DO
- Janna Neltner, MD
- Sahar Nozad, MD
- William O'Connor, MD
- Mary O'Daniel-Pierce, MD
- Dava Piecoro, MD
- Protima Rayapati, MD
- Dana Richards, MD
- Justin Rueckert, DO
- Nathan Shelman, MD
- Molly Tovar, MD
- Dianne Wilson, MD
- Shawna Baker, MBA, PA (ASCP) - Associate Director of Anatomic Pathology
- Monika Ellis, HT (ASCP) - Immunohistochemistry Master Technologist
- Robyn Gianneschi, PA (ASCP) - Pathologist Assistant
- Teresa Kaenzig, HT (ASCP) - Histology Supervisor
- Stephen Kilgore, PA (ASCP) - Pathologist Assistant
- Michelle Washington, PA (ASCP) - Pathologist Assistant
The surgical pathology lab hosts the following types of learners on a regular basis: surgical pathology fellowships, pathology residents, and fourth-year medical students.
This service handles more than 30,000 cases each year from routine gastrointestinal and gynecological specimens to complex, multi-organ resections.
A newly renovated lab processes and cuts more than 150,000 blocks per year in addition to special stains, muscle biopsies, and other services.
Up-to-date immunohistochemical stainers provide a wide selection of immunohistochemical stains, in situ hybridization, and immunofluorescence.
Recently introduced whole-slide imaging technology allows for remote frozen section interpretation, archiving, tumor boards, and educations.
Subspecialty-trained faculty are available to provide consultation services for complex and challenging cases.