Welcome to the Horse Capital of the World!
Come to Kentucky for the horses, bourbon, art, nightlife, food, shopping, history, craft beer, coffee shops, music and friendly people. We are ready to welcome you with our special brand of Southern hospitality. Lexington bolsters tons of awards that make it home to nearly 320,000 residents: Top 30 U.S. News 'Best Places to Live' (WKYT), 3rd Safest City in the U.S. (Herald Leader), and 7th Best City for New College Grads (Smartassest).
Things To Do
The Bluegrass region offers many things to do and experience. VisitLex gives us several of their favorite things to do while checking out all Lexington has to offer:
1. Tour the Kentucky Horse Park featuring horses, museums, art galleries, shows, and demonstrations on over 1,200 acres.
2. Visit the historic homes of Lexington's most famous citizens: Mary Todd Lincoln, Henry Clay, John Hunt Morgan, and Joseph Bryan.
3. Walk the green paths of Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, which is the largest restored Shaker village in the world.
4. Wander through boutiques, the largest mall in Kentucky, and various dining experiences at The Summit at Fritz Farm.
5. Cheer on the horses at Keeneland during a race meet or get a private tour of the grounds.
8. Head 75 miles west and check out the Louisville Slugger Museum to see the bat used to hit Hank Aaron's 700th home run and the bat used by Babe Ruth for 21 of his 1927 home runs.
9. Explore Mammoth Cave, the longest cave system known in the world.
10. Visit Cynthiana - birthplace of comic creators Robert Kirkman & Tony Moore - to see The Walking Dead mural.