MD/PhD Monthly Meetings – Third Wednesday of Every Month
- You will be excused from only one monthly meeting per year; you must notify the office prior.
- M3 and M4 students are allowed to request an excused absence through the College of Medicine.
Dean’s Distinguished Lecture Series, generally the first Thursday of the month.
- When the MD/PhD program is the host it is required for all to attend the DDLS.
- Students are encouraged but not required to attend all other DDLS talks.
MD/PhD Student Presentations at CCTS Seminar
MD/PhD Student Graduation Dinner
Students are encouraged to publish two manuscripts of original graduate work during your graduate years.
Annual MD/PhD Program Retreat
- Any student unable to attend must notify the Director 30 days’ prior for program approval.
*If you do not attend without obtaining prior approval you will be charged for your portion of the trip.
Recruitment Activities – Interview Weekends and Second Look
- Other social events during the year are encouraged but not required.
Annual MD/PhD Research Day with the CCTS Spring Conference
- Present at the poster session
- Attend MD/PhD student talks
Students are required to attend thesis defenses of other MD/PhD students.
- Exceptions will be made for students with prior approval from the program.
Students are required to submit a F30 grant application within their second year of graduate work.
Annual Meeting with the Directors
- Annually, the Directors of the MD-PhD Program will meet with each individual MD/ PhD student, to review student progress, provide advice, evaluate future plans, and solicit feedback on the program. Each student should provide the MD-PhD Office with an individual development plan.