The program is housed within the UK College of Medicine Department of Neuroscience and the Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center.
UKNeu-PREP is a two year, NIH-funded post baccalaureate program at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine. This is a training program for recent college graduates from underrepresented backgrounds who are interested in research careers in neuroscience but lacked access to research opportunities as undergraduates.
This two-year post baccalaureate program includes mentored laboratory research and experience, graduate level courses, opportunities for professional development, and mentorship.
- 2-year post-baccalaureate neuroscience training program
- Prepare participants for entry into neuroscience graduate degree programs
- Connect participants to research opportunities and holistic, culturally-competent mentorship
- $36,000/year salary + benefits
- 75% research + 25% coursework
- Interact with other training programs e.g. African American Research Training Scholars (AARTS); Stem Through Authentic Research Training: (S.T.A.R.T); Neurobiology of CNS Injury T32 graduate training program
- Neuroscience or related undergraduate education
- Identify as an underrepresented minority
- Baccalaureate degree (May 2023 is fine) from an institution without substantial research opportunities (undergraduate institution does not have a doctoral degree program in neuroscience)
Fill Out a Short Form
Click below to fill out a short form that will let us know you're interested in applying. Once you have submitted the form, we will contact you with more information.