Excellence in Rehabilitation, Collaboration, Patient Advocacy, and Development
The mission of the division of research is to provide excellence in rehabilitative care through advances in rehabilitation research, promote collaborative efforts across health-related disciplines, endorse and support patient advocacy, and develop programs of excellence in education and teaching.
The overall goal of our research program, located at Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital, is to identify and test innovative and complimentary translational rehabilitation interventions, and utilize rehabilitation outcome measures to document the short- and long-term impact of these strategies on improving quality of life. Working with faculty and staff from UK HealthCare-related colleges and Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital, we strive to:
- Improve the quality of patient care by identifying and facilitating the integration of unique research teams from the various colleges at the University of Kentucky and Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital.
- Attract established investigators and support staff with areas of expertise that bridge and synergize interactions between the basic sciences, clinical research and the Cardinal Hill rehabilitation programs.
- Successfully compete on a national level for federal and private foundation funding opportunities.
- Provide leadership and mentoring for residents, research fellows and young faculty.
- Develop programs that will increase the regional and national recognition of the physical medicine and rehabilitation research program.
Cardinal Hill Rehabilitation Hospital also has a leadership role and active participation with community-based support groups, education and research programs in rehabilitation, data management of numerous indices of functional outcome, and long-term assessment of quality of life.