The UK College of Medicine Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation currently offers six PGY 1 positions (1848340C0) as well as one PGY-2 position (1848340R0) for the 2024-2025 year. Based on the recommended guidelines set by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), and to promote equity to all our invited candidates, interviews will be conducted virtually for the 2023 interview season.
All applications are submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and the deadline to apply to our program is Dec. 1, 2023. Candidates are selected for interview based on a number of factors and final interview decisions are made by our program director. Required documentation includes the following:
- Completed application
- Personal statement - additional information to include your reasons for choosing the specialty of physical medicine and rehabilitation. Please explain any time gaps in your education, outline specific experiences in training. List any awards, memberships, research activities, outside interests, and hobbies.
- USMLE or COMLEX Step 1 and Step 2 (if available) scores (both are individually accepted, applicants do not have to have both to be considered)
- Medical school transcript
- Medical school performance evaluation
- Curriculum vitae (CV) - this will be generated in ERAS, make sure all the information is correct and up-to-date
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (more than three is acceptable, but not required)
- Dean's letter (in addition to LORs)
- Recent photograph
For Foreign Medical Graduates
Foreign medical graduates are welcome to apply. In order to be considered for interview, you must be ECFMG certified by June 30 of the year you wish to start residency. You must also have a J-1 visa, other visas are not sponsored by UK. Please note that all visa decisions are made by the Graduate Medical Education office, not physical medicine and rehabilitation.