March 28, 2023 12:00pm
Academic Medicine Writing Series, Session 7: "Building Your Research Network"
Additional Event Information
Please join us for an upcoming professional development series, supported by the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and the Office of Faculty Affairs and Development. The content, developed by BNGAP [Building the Next Generation of Academic Physicians], is tailored to support medical students, residents, fellows, and early-career faculty seeking to build their academic writing skill sets, but all are welcome.
Sessions are scheduled for Tuesdays, from Noon-1 p.m. ET, beginning February 14th and ending April 4th. Participants are not required to attend every session, but each session will build upon the last.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Academic Medicine Writing Series: "Building Your Research Network"
Part 1: Utilizing and Expanding Network to Maximize Educational Scholarship
- Describe who within your network may be an ally or contributor to complete your scholarly project
- Identify who you may add to your network to advance your project
- Describe best approaches in working with current or new allies or contributors
Part 2: Building an Effective Co-Authorship Team
- Define co-author, contributor, and reviewer
- Describe the difference between lead author, second author, and last author
- Managing difficult/mitigating co-authorship situations
- List strategies to help co-authors work effectively